Thursday, May 7, 2009

More Poems




Poetic Expression: Life as a Targeted Individual


UN - American
White stars dance in darkness.
Blood stripes stretch across the weary horizon.
And I am left with promises,
Broken promises drowning in the irony written words.
Words that say I have the right to rejoice to hold on to the gifts that the world didn't give. But the promise is broken and my life with it.
My body screams and the earth is silent.
My voice is covered in exhaustion
But it is clear.
It is more alive than me




The UN -Seen
Invisibility is a demon.
Monsters are real.
I've learned that there are creatures in the closet.
Ghosts under the bed.
Real is what is not seen, only felt…deeply known.
My room is quiet.
Light escapes the tall window and shines upon my tattered mattress.
There's warmth to be felt there, the air light and soothing reaching into my lungs and coming out again. But there's a demon in my room. His claws are like knives, his heart cold and black. He's under my bed and over my head. He's in the closet and outside my window.
We fought and he won.
So now I wait.
I endure.
I pray for justice that will not come.
I feel.
I feel what is not seen.


Queen of the World
On an ordinary day I imagine rising early as the world is sleeping. Saying goodbye to my reflection and getting into the car.
I drive and drive and drive until the city lights fade away and nature reigns.
Till the skyscrapers are mountains and the only light is that white orb swimming in darkness.
The owls hoot and the wolves howl as I stop the car asking away, leaving the doors wide open.
In the distant I behold a silent High above a bed of rocks.
I walk towards it and then I skip and then I run until the air is heavy and my heart is frantic with energy I can't understand.
I run until I reach the hill and I climb it.
One foot in front of the other until I reach the very top.
I stand.
I am queen of the world.
The clouds are my footstool and the birds my fellows.
I look down at those beds of wakes and I am weary, sleepy even.
I grow wings and I soar into them.
Selfish and irrational and misguided and soar into them and
I am queen of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skeptics and perpretrators: DON'T COMMENT